8. Verify migration to the Federal Common Policy CA G2
The easiest way to verify your migration to the Federal Common Policy CA (FCPCA) G2 is to validate one of your PIV credential certificates.
Verify Migration on Windows
- Click Start, type certmgr.msc, and then press Enter.
- Double-click Personal, and then Certificates.
- Browse to and select any of the certificates found on your PIV credential (the Issued To column displays your name).
- Double-click the certificate and select the Certification Path tab.
Verify the certificate chain begins with the FCPCA G2 (pictured below).
Note: It’s okay if different certification authorities appear below the FCPCA G2 for your certificate.
Verify Migration on macOS
- Click the Spotlight icon and search for Keychain Access.
- Double-click the Keychain Access icon to open the application.
- In the left navigation, click the Login keychain.
- Browse to and select any of the certificates found on your PIV credential (the Name column displays your name).
- Verify the This certificate is valid message appears beneath the certificate details.
- If you’re building a path to the FCPCA G1
- If a path isn’t building at all
View the Frequently Asked Questions page for more information, or email us at email@example.com.