Goals and Objectives
These Goals and Objectives identify the aims and outcomes of a federal agency enterprise ICAM program. The goals and objectives are for ICAM functions and map to government-wide policies, cross-agency priorities, and strategic government initiatives.
The goals are aspirational statements designed for senior government leaders, agency executives, and agency ICAM program leadership responsible for setting program strategy. The objectives are action areas where agency execution strategies, action plans, and performance metrics can be developed based on alignment with the mission needs.
The visual includes three goals, each with its own objectives.
Goal 1: Modernize security policies and solutions to make risk-based decisions, automate identity and access management processes, and move access protections closer to government data.
- 1.1 - Review, update, and maintain comprehensive ICAM policies and technology solution roadmaps to inform and enforce enterprise strategic planning, risk management, and modernization.
- 1.2 - Adopt and use cloud-ready systems that provide an efficient and secure way to access resources.
- 1.3 - Monitor and respond to user behavior and events by using data as a strategic asset to make adaptive and risk-based decisions.
Goal 2: Enable missions to efficiently deliver services to federal and contractor employees and resources.
- 2.1 - Establish and manage identities for all enterprise users and resources.
- 2.2 - Design enterprise solutions to manage access to information and resources.
- 2.3 - Utilize enterprise identity information discovery and enterprise centralized access management.
- 2.4 - Leverage federated solutions to accept identity and authentication assertions made by other agency and mission partners when efficient.
Goal 3: Provide enterprise-level solutions within agencies to improve operations and promote cost-effective and efficient use of resources.
- 3.1 - Streamline ICAM governance and program management within each agency to optimize execution, ensure consistency, and align intent across the enterprise.
- 3.2 - Evaluate, rationalize, and migrate to modern, cloud-smart solutions for ICAM services.
- 3.3 - Promote interoperability and efficiency across the federal government by buying and building ICAM solutions that use open, commercially adopted standards.